The following Guidance Sheets provide a guide to the basic field survey techniques and methodologies adopted by the Riches of the Earth project. The survey methodology adopted by this project has been selected due to its simplicity and its non-reliance on expensive technical instruments.
- Bettess, F. 1992. Surveying for Archaeologists. Durham: Department of Archaeology, University of Durham.
- Dockrill, S.J., Bond, J.M., Turner, V.E. and Brown, L.D. 2007. Old Scatness Excavation Manual. A case study in archaeological recording. Lerwick: Shetland Amenity Trust.
- Eastmead, S. 2012. Landscape Surveying using Handheld GPS Receivers. Swaledale: Swaledale and Arkengarthdale Archaeology Group.
- English Heritage guides to archaeological recording (i.e. Understanding Archaeological Landscapes).
- British Archaeological Jobs Resource Guides.